From PhD Prep Track
Individual Accounting Research Ranking
- Phone Number:(801) 864-3542
- Address: Please email me for current mailing address
- PhD, Management, Cornell University, 2016 (expected)
- MAcc, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2011, High Distinction
- BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2011, Summa Cum Laude
- Minor: Economics
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Emett, S., and W. B. Tayler. 2013. Is Your Strategy Evaluation Biased? The balanced scorecard may be the cause--and the cure. Strategic Finance 95 (11): 27-34 (cover story).
- Christ, M. H., S. Emett, S. L. Summers, and D. A. Wood. 2012. The effects of preventive and detective controls on employee performance and motivation. Contemporary Accounting Research 29 (2): 432-452.
- Burton, F. G., S. Emett, C. A. Simon, and D. A. Wood. 2012. Corporate managers’ reliance on internal auditor recommendations. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory 31 (2): 151-166.
- Emett, S., and D. A. Wood. 2010. Common Question-Evasion Tactics.Journal of Accountancy. July: 36-39.
- Christ, M. H., S. A. Emett, W. B. Tayler, and D. A. Wood. 2014 To Compensate or Control? Motivating Employees in a Multidimensional Task.
- Emett, S. A., R. Guymon, W. B. Tayler, D. Young. 2014. Defining Deviancy Down: The Development of Social Norms under Imperfect Controls.
- Emett, S. A. and M. W. Nelson. 2014. Time-Induced Functional Fixation: The Case of Reporting a Change to the Fair-Value Presentation of Pension Expense.
- Libby, R. and S. A. Emett. 2014. Earnings Presentation Effects on Manager and User Behavior.
Conference Papers Presented
- Time-Induced Fixation: The Case of Reporting a Change to the Fair-Value Presentation of Pension Expense (with Mark Nelson), 2013 Accounting Research Symposium, Brigham Young University
- The Effects of Preventive and Detective Controls on Employee Performance and Motivation (with Margaret Christ, Scott Summers, and David Wood), IS Midyear Conference (January 2010)
- Common Question-Evasion Tactics (with David Wood), Utah Government Auditors Association 2010 Annual Training
- Defining Deviancy Down: The Development of Social Norms under Imperfect Controls (with Bill Tayler and David Wood), 2010 Accounting Research Symposium, Brigham Young University
- Summer 2010, Audit Intern, KPMG in SLC, UT.
- Summer 2008, Accounting Intern, All States Landscaping, Inc.
- 2012 Accounting, Behavior, and Organization Section Outstanding Emerging Scholar Paper Award
- Outstanding MAcc Professional Stem Student, Brigham Young University, 2011
- Masters of Accounting Scholarship Recipient, Brigham Young University, 2010-2011
- Edwin S. Hinckley Scholar, Brigham Young University, 2009-2010
- Office of Research and Creative Activities (ORCA) Grant Recipient, Brigham Young University, 2010
- Marriott School Dean's List, Brigham Young University, (various years)