From PhD Prep Track
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: (801) 422-1969
- Address: 531 TNRB, Provo, UT 84602
- Ph.D., Management, Cornell University, 2005
- M.S., Management, Cornell University, 2004
- MAcc, BS Accounting, Brigham Young University, 1999
- Judgment and decision making
- Accounting control systems
- Incentives and performance measurement
- Bol, J. C., G. Hecht, and S. D. Smith. 2015. Managers' discretionary adjustments: The influence of uncontrollable events and compensation interdependence. Contemporary Accounting Research 32: 139-159.
- Bol, J. C. and S. D. Smith. 2011. Spillover effects in subjective performance evaluation: Bias and the asymmetric influence of controllability. The Accounting Review 86: 1213-1230.
- Smith, S. D. 2010. Confidence and trading aggressiveness of naïve investors: Effects of information quantity and consistency. Review of Accounting Studies 15: 295-316.
- Bloomfield, R., M. W. Nelson, and S. D. Smith. 2006. Feedback loops, fair value accounting and correlated investments. Review of Accounting Studies 11: 377-416.
- Nelson, M. W., S. D. Smith, and Z. Palmrose. 2005. The effect of quantitative materiality approach on auditors' adjustment decisions. The Accounting Review 80: 897-920.
- Accy 304 Accounting Control Systems, UIUC, 2005-2012
- NCC 550 Financial Accounting, Cornell University, 2003
- Acc 202 Managerial Accounting, BYU, 1999
- Acc 200 Finanancial and Managerial Accounting, BYU 1998
- Raymond A. Hoffman Fellowship in Accountancy, University of Illinois, 2008, 2011
- Head's Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Illinois, 2008
- Deloitte Foundation Doctoral Fellowship, 2002
|Main Page ► BYU Alumni and Friends ► Smith, Steve|